Missing a tooth is a terrible experience. Isn't it? It can affect our confidence and make us too self-conscious when we smile or talk. Not to mention the difficulty in chewing and eating the food. This is where dental...
Urticaria(hives) and angioedema
Our dermatology specialists analyze the condition and cause of skin reaction to provide proper medications.
Synonyms: ■ Wheals – hives, nettle rash ■ Angioedema – Quincke edema
• Urticaria is characterized by transient skin or mucosal swellings due to plasma leakage. Superficial dermal swellings are wheals, and deep swellings of the skin or mucosa are termed angioedema. Wheals are characteristically pruritic and pink or pale in the center, whereas angioedema is often painful, less well defined and shows no color change.
• There are several recognizable clinical patterns of urticaria and different causes. The latter include allergy, autoimmunity, drugs, dietary pseudoallergens, and infections. Many cases remain unexplained (‘idiopathic’) even after full evaluation. C1 esterase inhibitor deficiency needs to be considered as a cause of recurrent angioedema without wheals.
• Diagnosis is based primarily on the history and is supported by investigations, including blood tests, physical and dietary challenges, skin tests and skin biopsy.
• Urticaria is a common disorder that may cause considerable distress and last for years, but it can often be alleviated by appropriate management.
Aura takes pride in the skilled dermatology professionals who deal with a variety of skin conditions daily and make sure to bring better outcomes. Improve your cosmetic appearance and boost your inner confidence level by keeping your skin healthy and beautiful. The photosof pre and post-treatments showed here might help you get a clearer view of our dermatology services and what to expect from them.
- Monday :10:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Tuesday :09:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Wednesday :11:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Thursday :09:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Friday :12:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Saturday :10:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Sunday :10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Skin Diseases are very common in most people whether it’s temporary or permanent. Some skin diseases can occur genetically, and they may...
You might have noticed the Internal Medicine department whenever you have visited a hospital. Are you wondering what actually that department serves?...
Covid-19 might be the biggest pandemic we have seen in recent years. Since its arrival, the whole world had gone through a...