Missing a tooth is a terrible experience. Isn't it? It can affect our confidence and make us too self-conscious when we smile or talk. Not to mention the difficulty in chewing and eating the food. This is where dental...
Relieving symptoms of Pemphigus and preventing or minimizing blister formation on the skin with a treatment plan.
Synonyms: ■ Fogo selvagem: endemic pemphigus foliaceus; Brazilian pemphigus ■ Pemphigus erythematosus: Senear–Usher syndrome ■ IgA pemphigus: intercellular IgA dermatosis; intraepidermal neutrophilic IgA dermatosis; intercellular IgA vesiculopustular dermatosis.
• Pemphigus is a group of autoimmune blistering diseases of the skin and mucous membranes that is characterized by:
• histologically, intraepidermal blisters due to the loss of cell–cell adhesion of keratinocytes .
• immunopathologically, the finding of in vivo bound and circulating IgG autoantibodies directed against the cell surface of keratinocytes
• Pemphigus is divided into three major forms: pemphigus vulgaris, pemphigus foliaceus and paraneoplastic pemphigus .
• The functional inhibition of desmogleins, which play an important role in cell–cell adhesion of keratinocytes, by IgG autoantibodies results in blister formation .
• Patients with pemphigus vulgaris and pemphigus foliaceus have IgG autoantibodies against desmoglein 3 and desmoglein 1, respectively, while patients with paraneoplastic pemphigus have IgG autoantibodies against plakin molecules in addition to autoantibodies against desmogleins .
• IgA autoantibodies directed against the keratinocyte cell surface define IgA pemphigus, the pathophysiology of which is yet to be clarified .
Aura takes pride in the skilled dermatology professionals who deal with a variety of skin conditions daily and make sure to bring better outcomes. Improve your cosmetic appearance and boost your inner confidence level by keeping your skin healthy and beautiful. The photosof pre and post-treatments showed here might help you get a clearer view of our dermatology services and what to expect from them.
- Monday :10:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Tuesday :09:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Wednesday :11:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Thursday :09:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Friday :12:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Saturday :10:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Sunday :10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Skin Diseases are very common in most people whether it’s temporary or permanent. Some skin diseases can occur genetically, and they may...
You might have noticed the Internal Medicine department whenever you have visited a hospital. Are you wondering what actually that department serves?...
Covid-19 might be the biggest pandemic we have seen in recent years. Since its arrival, the whole world had gone through a...