Missing a tooth is a terrible experience. Isn't it? It can affect our confidence and make us too self-conscious when we smile or talk. Not to mention the difficulty in chewing and eating the food. This is where dental...
Our expert dermatologists at Aura help relieve conditions of dryness and ease scaliness caused by Ichthyosis.
• Ichthyoses and erythrokeratodermas are clinically and etiologically heterogeneous groups of disorders of cornification .
• Ichthyoses (Greek ‘ichthys’ meaning fish) are characterized by generalized scaling of the skin .
• Erythrokeratodermas are discernible by erythema and hyperkeratosis, predominantly focal and without apparent scale
• Most inherited ichthyoses and erythrokeratodermas are present at birth or manifest in the neonatal period .
• Clinical features, inheritance, and structural, biochemical and molecular abnormalities help to differentiate these disorders .
• Therapy is symptomatic and primarily aimed at reducing hyperkeratosis. Topical. management consists of emollients, keratolytics and retinoids .
• Many, but not all, disorders respond well to oral retinoids. Treatment is initiated at low doses and titrated to response. Benefits and side effects must be carefully considered, because long-term therapy is required .
Aura takes pride in the skilled dermatology professionals who deal with a variety of skin conditions daily and make sure to bring better outcomes. Improve your cosmetic appearance and boost your inner confidence level by keeping your skin healthy and beautiful. The photosof pre and post-treatments showed here might help you get a clearer view of our dermatology services and what to expect from them.
- Monday :10:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Tuesday :09:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Wednesday :11:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Thursday :09:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Friday :12:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Saturday :10:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Sunday :10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Skin Diseases are very common in most people whether it’s temporary or permanent. Some skin diseases can occur genetically, and they may...
You might have noticed the Internal Medicine department whenever you have visited a hospital. Are you wondering what actually that department serves?...
Covid-19 might be the biggest pandemic we have seen in recent years. Since its arrival, the whole world had gone through a...