Missing a tooth is a terrible experience. Isn't it? It can affect our confidence and make us too self-conscious when we smile or talk. Not to mention the difficulty in chewing and eating the food. This is where dental...
Human papilloma virus
Our expert dermatologists at Aura offer proper diagnosis and treatment for HPV infections affecting various body parts.
Synonyms: ■ Verrucae vulgares (singular: verruca vulgaris) – common warts ■ Verrucae palmares et plantares – hand and foot warts ■ Verrucae planae – flat warts, plane warts ■ Condylomata acuminata (singular: condyloma acuminatum) – genital warts.
• Condylomata plana – flat cervical condylomas, plane condylomas
• Squamous intraepithelial lesion (SIL) – cervical intraepithelial neoplasia (CIN); vulvar (VIN); vaginal (VaIN); penile (PIN); anal (AIN)
■ Buschke–Löwenstein tumor – giant condylomata acuminata, condylomata acuminata gigantea ■ Florid oral papillomatosis – Ackerman tumor ■ Papillomatosis cutis carcinoides – Gottron tumor ■ Focal epithelial hyperplasia – Heck’s disease.
• Human papillomaviruses (HPVs) are a large group of approximately 100 genotypes of DNA tumor viruses that infect the epithelia of skin or mucosa and most commonly cause benign papillomas or warts .
• Infection of the skin by a distinct subset of HPV types induces common or flat warts .
• Epidermodysplasia verruciformis (EV) is an inherited disease characterized by generalized flat warts or pityriasis versicolor-like macules, caused by chronic infection with EV-specific HPV types .
• EV types of HPV are detected in skin cancers and normal skin. These viruses are activated by UV exposure, immunosuppression, and specific host genetic background (EV) .
• Anogenital infection with HPV is a highly prevalent, sexually transmitted infection (STI) seen predominantly in young adults. Condylomata acuminata or benign anogenital warts are typically caused by HPV-6 or -11, which are considered to be low-risk types.
• Persistent infection with high-risk HPV types, predominantly HPV- 16 and -18, is the major cause of cervical cancers, and a subset of vaginal, vulvar, penile, anal, and oropharyngeal neoplasias .
• Patients with cellular immunodeficiencies are at higher risk for persistent HPV infection and progressive disease .
• No effective antiviral treatment exists and most therapies focus on destruction of visible lesions, or induction of a cellular immune response .
• A highly effective prophylactic HPV vaccine based on virus-like particles (VLP) has been licensed for the prevention of genital warts and associated vulvar, vaginal and cervical cancer.
Aura takes pride in the skilled dermatology professionals who deal with a variety of skin conditions daily and make sure to bring better outcomes. Improve your cosmetic appearance and boost your inner confidence level by keeping your skin healthy and beautiful. The photosof pre and post-treatments showed here might help you get a clearer view of our dermatology services and what to expect from them.
- Monday :10:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Tuesday :09:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Wednesday :11:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Thursday :09:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Friday :12:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Saturday :10:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Sunday :10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Skin Diseases are very common in most people whether it’s temporary or permanent. Some skin diseases can occur genetically, and they may...
You might have noticed the Internal Medicine department whenever you have visited a hospital. Are you wondering what actually that department serves?...
Covid-19 might be the biggest pandemic we have seen in recent years. Since its arrival, the whole world had gone through a...